Monday, January 2, 2017

Behold!

Hope your year got kicked off right! Be sure to keep it going and READ and/or LISTEN to our Mass Readings today.

Our Gospel is found in John 1:29-36. The beginning of this scripture gives me chills when I read it.
It takes me to that place in Mass where the priest holds up the host and recites "Behold the Lamb of God, behold Him who takes away the sins of the world, blessed are those called to the super of the Lamb."

Jesus was the perfect sacrifice for our sins. We are blessed to be invited to eat at His table!

As Jesus was getting ready to begin His public ministry, John was already calling Him the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. John was already eluding to Jesus mission as a sacrifice for us.

We learn in this Gospel that John didn't know who God had him paving the way for. He didn't know until God revealed it to him.  He knew who Jesus was, shoot, they were cousins, but John didn't really "know" who He was.

We have been blessed with the gift of the Holy Spirit and with faith. We must listen to the Spirit and allow it to reveal Jesus to us. We must see Jesus and recognize His presence in our lives. Every day I pray that my faith will be increased. I never want to question or doubt Jesus and His hand on my life.

Continue to seek Him and you will find Him!







No comments:

Post a Comment