Saturday, August 13, 2016

What Program Will Give me The BEST Results?





The question I get most often from people considering a fitness program is “What program will get me the best results?”

Who doesn’t want to know what program will get them the best results? I have done 13 Beachbody programs all the way through from start to finish, so I actually have some thoughts on this topic.

My honest answer is that it is going to be the program you actually do, but more importantly, it will be the one whose nutrition plan you stick with!  I did Insanity years ago and had good results, but didn’t follow the nutrition plan. Insanity is an extreme, high intensity, MAX interval training program that will allow you to burn up to 1000 calories in a workout.

Then in August of 2014, I did PiYo, a completely different kind of program that has very little to no impact at all.  This program utilizes  functional yoga/pilates type movements to help you lose weight and define all areas of your body with no weights or jumps.  

Both programs were 60 days, and neither program uses weights.  I found that my results were very similar.  Most people looking at the two programs side by side would probably guess that you would get far better results with Insanity, however, if you stick with the nutrition plan and drink Shakeology daily, you can achieve fantastic results with either.  

You don't need to do an extreme program to get extreme results!




You don’t need to beat up your body to get great results!

Please don’t misunderstand, I am not saying PiYo is a better program, what I am trying to say is that if you stick with the nutrition plan, and if you drink Shakeology daily, you will get great results, regardless of the program.  

I often wonder what my results could have been like had I been drinking Shakeology and eating properly during Insanity!

I started with the question “what program will get me the best results".  Well, if you don’t like a PiYo type program, don’t buy it!  If you are an adrenaline junkie and love the high intensity type workouts, then go for an Insanity type Max Interval program.

The Honest to goodness key to your results and your real transformation is going to happen in the kitchen. It is going to happen by following the plan that comes with your program and drinking your Shakeology daily.

I have had great results with every program I have done through Beachbody, when I have followed the nutrition plan and drank Shakeology.  The better my nutrition was, the better my results were, regardless of the kind of program I was doing.  I have done everything from straight cardio to intense wight lifting to pure dancing!

Why have I done so many programs?  I don’t like doing the same program over and over and over again.  Our bodies need a change every once in a while, but the biggest reason for me is that I start to get bored, I stop giving each workout the full effort it needs, and I find myself dreading it!  I also like doing different programs so I can give honest answers about those programs.  

When choosing your program think about the following questions:
  • How much time do you have to fit in a workout?
  • What is your current fitness level?
  • What kinds of workouts do you like? 
  • Do you need something with low or no impact, or with a good modifier?
  • What are your goals?

Once you have thought about those things, we can figure out the best program for you to begin or continue your pursuit of better health and fitness!  There is literally a program and/or nutrition plan for everyone, the key is finding the right fit for you!  

LET'S CONNECT and get you going!





No comments:

Post a Comment